Sunday, January 18, 2009

My January

Ok, so the other day at lunch I pull out this great looking salad my neighbor gave me...store bought, just enough for one, but a big serving. So I put it all together and I was gonna sit down and enjoy this yummy looking salad. So I'm sitting and my baby comes over and starts begging me for bite...fine, he likes salad, have a bite kid. I turn my attention to the tube for a second and back down for another stab at my yummy salad...my son is hovering over my salad spitting everything out, covering my yummy salad all over with his spit. The look on his face is the same look all my kids give me when they are very sick and throwing up helplessly over and over. It could have also been translated as,
"you're gonna spank me for this, I know, I'm sorry, but your salad is the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted." Then he motions to me, opening his mouth, with a look of...."please mommy help me get this taste out of my mouth."

I was really sad that I lost my yummy salad after only a few bites, but I was more sad that I didn't have the moment recorded on my camera.

Guess the kid doesn't like goat cheese

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi! This is melissa, Aaron's wife! Nice to find you guys on here...now we can see what your cute little fam is up to:)

Sydney said...

Carlie you just crack me up. I LOVE your updates and perspective. I hope the time passes quickly and Joey get's home. And as for the evil tooth fairy.... keep the dough but something tells me Gideon just don't take you serious Sistah!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Dad Risser said...

So, can we replace the phrase "tossing your cookies" with tossing your salad"?

Anonymous said...

Good one Gordon:) Carlie, believe it or not, I feel your pain. However, good for you with the tooth pulling. That was a great story and quite frankly a 'Risser' thing to do! Love ya.

NĂ©na said...

oh i'd probably puke goat cheese out too....haha